Brac is a popular port of call for yachts sailing the Adriatic. It is the biggest island in Central Dalmatia and the third biggest on the Adriatic. Above all, Brac is known for its impressive Zlatni Rat Beach, in Bol, on the south coast. Zlatni Rat is a fine pebble spit, jutting out into the sea, perpendicular to the coast. In addition, Brac is famed for its stone quarries, which have supplied stone for buildings far and wide since Roman times.
Brac offers rugged landscapes, with rough pastures, pinewoods, vineyards, olive groves, and deep blue sea. The local specialty in Brac lamb.
Brac | Places to See
- Bol. This former fishing village is now the main tourist resort on Brac. Here you will find the lovely Zlatni Rat beach plus excellent water sports facilities. Art lovers should call at the Deškovic Gallery.
- Pucisca. On Brac’s north coast, Pučišća sits in a deep winding bay. It is home to the quarries providing quality white limestone, as well as a Stonemason School, open to visitors.
- Supetar. This is Brac’s main ferry port, with regular ferries to and from Split.
- Blaca Hermitage. Near Bol, hike to Blaca Hermitage, a 16th-century monastery hidden in a rocky canyon, reachable only on foot.
Brac | Things to do
- Windsurfing. Thanks to local winds, Bol on Brac is Croatia’s top windsurfing destination. Try windsurfing here with Big Blue.
- Hike or mountain bike from Bol to Vidova Gora, the highest peak on all the Croatian islands. From here you have fantastic views over tthe Adriatic and the surrounding islands.
- Scuba Diving. Take a guided diving tour with Big Blue Diving in Bol.
- Wine Tasting. Sample indigenous Croatian varieties, such as Posip, Vugava, Tribidrag, and Plavac Mali at Stina Winery in Bol. Stina occupies the oldest Wine Co-operative warehouse in Dalmatia, dating from 1903.
- Dining. Eat Dalmatian seafood at Mali Raj in Bol, or try local Brac lamb at Konoba Kopacina, in the inland village of Donji Humac.
Marina Vlaska is on the western side of the island of Brac. It offers 71 berths with a maximum length of 25 m. There are a market and a restaurant in the marina.
ACL Marina Milna has 170 berths with a maximum length of 40 m. Facilities include a restaurant, fuel station, electricity, water, bar, and restaurant. There’s also a market and ATM.