Skiathos is a small Greek island in the Sporades archipelago. It has glorious beaches and active nightlife, especially in Skiathos Town. The main tourist spots are in the southeast of the island. However, if you want a quieter, family-friendly atmosphere, the west coast and interior are perfect.
Places to See
- Skiathos Town. During the day, explore the old churches and Venetian houses. At night, the town comes alive with music, dancing, and a party atmosphere.
- Monasteries. The church is an essential part of the life of every Greek. Because there are so many, taking a tour is the best way to see several churches and monasteries in one day.
- Bourtzi Peninsula. This tiny peninsula divides the Skiathos port into two parts, and it has a fascinating history and a cultural center that hosts theater and musical performances.
Things to Do
- Soak up the sun. Tsougrias Beach is popular with families because the water is calm and shallow, and Lalaria Beach on the northeastern island has magnificent scenery and tranquil blue water. Make sure to bring your sunscreen, especially at the nudist Banana Beach.
- Take a tour around the island on the Eleni Boat. You’ll visit the small uninhabited island of Tsougrias, the white stone beach of Lalaria, and the medieval town of Kastro.
- Shop. Boutiques like Arkos and Natura Skiathos offer unique Greek fashion and products.
On Skiathos, there are many restaurants and taverns where you can embrace your inner foodie. Whether you favor a laid-back and inexpensive meal or if you’re in the mood for something more upscale and elegant, you’ll undoubtedly find something you love. Best of all, many restaurants are by the water and offer gorgeous views.
Skiathos is well-known for its amygdalota, a traditional macaroon biscuit. Another delicious option is Skiathos pies. The local version is called hortopita, and it’s made with greens, herbs, and feta cheese. Traditional ingredients include local wines, homemade liqueurs, olives, and honey.
Marinas and Anchorages
Skiathos Marina. Offers 350 berths. Amenities include water, electricity, fuel, and Wi-Fi. In addition, there’s a restaurant and bar, grocery store, and medical services.
Please contact us at 1 (321) 777-1707 or complete our contact form to start planning your yacht charter vacation! It's never too early, or too late to inquire about your bespoke private yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.