Marmaris Yacht Charter
Marmaris, on the southwestern coast of Turkey, is an idyllic location where travelers can enjoy all the comforts of the modern world while still being able to access some of the world’s most beautiful natural wonders. From massive bays and coves to remote, secluded beaches and historic ruins, a Marmaris yacht charter has something for every type of traveler.
This former fishing village has blossomed into one of Turkey’s most prominent tourist destinations thanks to its miles of beautiful, white-sand beaches and fantastic scenery along its coastline. Combine that with its year-round mild weather, and you have the perfect destination if you’re looking to book a Turkish gulet or motor yacht charter for your next Marmaris yacht charter vacation! Please see below for some available yachts to charter in Marmaris.
What to Do on a Marmaris Yacht Charter
- Hike or take a nature walk in the Marmaris National Park and view the marina. Rent an ATV, or go horseback riding to visit settlements, 12-thousand-year-old caves, and more.
- Go Kite or Windsurfing. As with most destinations along the Turkish Riviera, conditions are excellent for water sports and scuba diving.
- Hit the beaches of Turunç and Içmeler. Marmaris has numerous beach resorts and clubs for those looking for nightlife, perfect for sunbathing and swimming.
- Sail along the coast and stop in Greece. You can easily visit Rhodes in the Dodecanese Islands.
- Head up the coast to Göcek, another top yacht charter destination full of lively streets and beautiful views.
What to See in Marmaris, Turkey
- Take a tour of Marmaris Castle, dating back to 1044 BC. Partially destroyed in WWI, it’s since been rebuilt and opened as a museum in 1991.
- Visi the Marmaris Amphitheater, where you can catch concerts, international culture, and arts festivals today.
- Explore the nearby ancient ruins of Kaunos and Knidos.
- Stroll the lively Bar Street for live music, local culture, and plenty of places to indulge in the party atmosphere.
Gastronomic Highlights of Marmaris
Across the numerous street food vendors in Marmaris, there’s plenty of variety in delectable dishes. Known all over the world, Turkish cuisine is a must-try. The unfamiliar-sounding treat called kokorec is made of spiced offal (belly, intestines, or other edible meat found inside the animal’s cavity) wrapped in a lamb’s intestine to disguise the taste. It might sound hard to stomach, but if you’re curious, you should try it!
Gevrek is a quick, cheap breakfast snack often eaten before drinking coffee. Street vendors make this Turkish specialty at all times of the day, proving to be a convenient snack. Gevrek is similar to bread known as simit and is even shaped similarly. You can get one with strong Turkish coffee or Turkish tea. In addition, pancakes in Marmaris are called gozleme and can be bought in the street; the dough is freshly cooked with endless options of delicious fillings. Of course, Turkish kebabs made with a variety of meats and spices are prevalent throughout the city.
Climate to expect on your Marmaris Yacht Charter
Summer, or the hot season, lasts for three and a half months, from June 13 to September 18, with a daily average high temperature of at least 85°F. The hottest month in Marmaris is July, with an average high of 91°F and a low of 73°F.
What are the best off-season times to visit Marmaris in Turkey? You can find pleasant temperatures in April, May, October, and November. The average temperatures during these months tend to be between 68°F and 79°F.
Turkish Yachts For Charter in Marmaris
Please look at the traditional gulet and motor yachts to charter in Turkey.
Please contact us at 1 (321) 777-1707 or complete our contact form to start planning your yacht charter vacation! It's never too early, or too late to inquire about your bespoke private yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.