Dodecanese Islands Yacht Charters
The Dodecanese Islands are a breathtaking archipelago located in the southeastern Aegean Sea. The group of 15 more significant plus 150 smaller Greek islands in the southeastern Aegean Sea generally defines the eastern limit of the Sea of Crete. They belong to the broader Southern Sporades island group. Dodecanese Islands yacht charters are a fantastic way to see a lesser-known side of Greece.
Rhodes has been the area’s dominant island since antiquity. Of the others, Kos and Patmos are historically the more important; the remaining twelve are
- Agathonisi. Known as the “island of kindness.”
- Astypalaia. “The Butterfly of the Aegean”
- Chalki. A relaxed, friendly island.
- Kalymnos. Known for sponge harvesting and rock climbing.
- Karpathos. Second largest of the Dodecanese islands.
- Kasos. The southernmost island in the Aegean Sea.
- Leipsoi. In Greek mythology, the island where Odysseus was shipwrecked and held by Nymph Calypso.
- Leros. A mountainous island with a rugged coastline.
- Nisyros. An off the beaten track destination with natural and cultural sights to explore.
- Symi. Laid-back island with stunning views, a tranquil port, and beautiful seaside hikes.
- Tilos. Home to rugged mountains, green hills, and picturesque beaches.
- Kastellorizo. Stunning island home to the Blue Cave.
Other islands in the chain include Alimia, Arkoi, Chalki, Farmakonisi, Gyali, Kinaros, Levitha, Marathos, Nimos, Pserimos, Saria, Strongyli, Syrna, and Telendos.
The Dodecanese Islands have a typically Mediterranean climate with hot, dry summers and mild winters. The temperatures range from the low 20’s (Celsius) in winter to the mid-30s in summer. The Dodecanese Islands experience a dry and sunny climate during the summer, with only occasional rainfall.
The best time to visit the Dodecanese Islands is during the summer months of June through August. This is when temperatures are at their warmest and beaches are at their most inviting. During this time of year, visitors can expect plenty of sunshine and mild temperatures during the day, with balmy evenings that are perfect for exploring the island towns and villages.
Places to see
- Anthony Quinn Bay. This bay offers a picturesque pebble beach, a dramatic coastal rock formation with underwater reefs teeming with fish. The shallow emerald-green water is perfect for swimming.
- Tsambika Beach. A popular stop that is well-served by beach bars and eateries.
- Visit the Asklepion archeological site in Kos. Here is also where Hippocrates founded his medical school.
Things to do
- Browse the local markets and sample some of the region’s unique flavors and specialties.
- Get up close with some adorable animals. The Rose Farm in Rhodes is a unique attraction where you can interact with various animals, including lemurs, ponies, camels, and kangaroos.
- Enjoy the traditional music and dance.
- Take in the view from the Monolithos Castle in Rhodes.
- Go to the beach on Symi Island.
- Rock Climb
- Scuba Dive
Dodecanese Islands Yacht Charters | Destinations
Arki & Amarathia
Please call us today at 1 (321) 777-1707 or describe Your Vacation Vision to help you plan your fully-crewed private luxury yachting vacation! Inquire as soon as possible about your custom, crewed yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.