Portsmouth is a New Hampshire port city on the Piscataqua River. In fact, Portsmouth is the only port in the state. Known for tax-free shopping, waterfront views, and historical sites, the city of Portsmouth sits just 60 miles north of Boston.
This could be one of your ports when sailing north to Maine or south from Maine to Newport or Boston. The last six miles of the Piscataqua River from Portsmouth Harbor. It is a tidal estuary rated as one of the fastest in North America. The Piscataqua River separates New Hampshire from Maine.
Portsmouth | Places to see
- Visit notable 17th- and 18th-century houses within Strawbery Banke Museum, where costumed staff demonstrates traditional crafts.
- Walk along riverside gardens at Prescott Park.
- Learn about the former research submarine USS Albacore at the USS Albacore Museum. You can even look through the periscope!
Portsmouth | Things to do
- Tour one, two, or three local breweries. First, try Great Rhythm Brewing Company. Next, visit Beara Brewing Company, and last (if you’re up to it), go to Liars Bench Beer Company.
- Take a steamship cruise. During this narrated history tour, you’ll see Portsmouth harbor, the Isles of Shoals, and the New Hampshire Seacoast.
In Portsmouth, the summers are warm. The winters are freezing, wet, and windy. It is partly cloudy year-round. Over the year, the temperature typically varies from 19°F to 80°F and is rarely below 5°F or above 89°F.
offers slips ranging from 32-125’ for summer, winter, and transient occupancy. Amenities include showers, 30-100 amp electrical service, ice, water at the slip, free Wi-Fi, complimentary pump-out, laundry, and concrete floating docks. Walk to nearby dining and nightlife.
has 128 slips accommodating 13′ to 70′ LOA, available 30A & 50A power and fresh water, free Wi-Fi, 72 moorings, a dedicated dinghy dock, four moorings at Hilton Park for tall rig sailboats, transient slip and moorings.
Please contact us at 1 (321) 777-1707 or complete our contact form to start planning your yacht charter vacation! It's never too early, or too late to inquire about your bespoke private yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.