New Hampshire, one of the original 13 colonies, was the first state to have its constitution. This state is defined by its quaint towns and large expanses of wilderness. White Mountain National Forest is known for its winter sports areas in the north. Mt. Washington, the region’s highest peak, has a cog railway to its summit. Also in the White Mountains are moose, black bears, and part of the Appalachian Trail.
Portsmouth | Maritime History and Coastal Luxury
New Hampshire Division of Travel and Tourism Development
172 Pembroke Road
Concord, NH 03302
Web site: www.visitnh.gov
New Hampshire has a humid continental climate with warm summers and cold, snowy winters. Summers have average daytime highs in the 70°F to 85°F range.
New Hampshire | Places to see
- Find aerial adventure at Morningside Flight Park. In addition to hang-gliding, Morningside offers paragliding, powered paragliding, and zip-lining.
- Visit America's Stonehenge. Like Stonehenge in England, America's Stonehenge is an accurate astronomical calendar.
- Take New Hampshire's longest scenic gondola sky ride to the mountain top at Loon Mountain Resort.
- Sail down to Boston and Portsmouth, Rhode Island.
New Hampshire | Things to do
- Go whale watching. Not only is Granite State Whale Watch a top-rated tour company, but they are also dedicated to whale conservation.
- Visit the beach. Although New Hampshire has a small coast, it can boast several top-rated beaches.
- Take a ride on the Mount Washington Cog Railway. In addition to being the first mountain-climbing cogway in the world, The Cog is the only one currently operating in North America. With an average grade of 25% (some sections approach nearly 38%), it's also the second steepest in the world!
- Experience white-water rafting. RaftNH has rafting tours and programs that allow you to interact with sled dogs.
New Hampshire offers a variety of marinas, including Wentworth by the Sea Marina in Little Harbor, Hampton River Marina in Hampton, and Melvin Village Marina in Melvin Village.
Please call us today at 1 (321) 777-1707 or describe Your Vacation Vision to help you plan your fully-crewed private luxury yachting vacation! Inquire as soon as possible about your custom, crewed yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.