St Thomas is the gateway island of the U.S. Virgin Islands in the Caribbean. It is known for its beaches, shopping, and snorkeling spots. The capital city, Charlotte Amalie, is a busy cruise ship port. This vibrant port is a perfect place to begin your luxury yacht charter on St Thomas. It’s a short sail to St John or the British Virgin Islands.
The climate on St Thomas is tropical and hot all year round. However, there’s a relatively cooler period from December to April, with average highs around 82/84 °F. Gentle breezes temper the hotter months.
Things to see and do
- Shop: There is plenty of duty-free shopping. U.S. residents enjoy a $1,600 duty-free allowance in the U.S. Virgin Islands. This is twice the limit of most other Caribbean islands.
- Dive: Popular dive sites include Wreck of General Rogers, Cow and Calf Rocks, Shipwreck Cove, and Coki Beach.
- Surf at Hull Beach on St. Thomas. The Shack has good beach food.
- Dine: St. Thomas has many world-class restaurants and laid-back eateries. Try Shoreline Bar and Grille for casual dining on the waterfront, Virgilio’s for authentic Italian, and Morgan’s Mango Restaurant for fabulous Caribbean food, including Vegan and Vegetarian options. Dine in Frenchtown at The French Quarter Bistro and Oceana.
- Go to the beach: Visit Magens Bay Beach, Sapphire Beach, Lindqvist Beach, or Coki Point Beach. All are equally beautiful; however, Magens Bay is known as one of the world’s best.
- Sight-see: Take the Skyride 700 feet above the city or climb the famous 99 Steps of Charlotte Amalie. Once at the top, you’ll have an incomparable view of the Caribbean.
- Experience culture: St. Thomas is home to the second-oldest synagogue in the Western Hemisphere. Also, the 1680-built Fort Christian is a site for history buffs. Or, visit the childhood home of Camille Pissarro, one of the best-known French Impressionists.
- Take a day trip to St John or Water Island.
Marinas | St Thomas
- Yacht Haven Grande offers 46 total berths, 46 mega yacht berths, max length: 656 feet, max draft: 25 feet, no max beam restrictions, electricity, 24-hour gated dock security, and on-site customs and immigration. In addition, enjoy lighted tennis courts, Wi-Fi, showers, a pool, a beach volleyball court, high-speed fuel pumps, a full-service marina, in-slip fueling, on-site provisioning, waste disposal services, laundry, and a business center.
- American Yacht Harbor has 123 total berths, four mega yacht berths, a max length: of 120 feet, a max draft: of 10 feet, and a max beam of 40 feet. There’s also electricity, 24-hour security, private showers, a sport fishing return station, chandlery, restaurants, entertainment, and shopping. Additionally, there’s Wi-Fi, high-speed fuel pumps, provisioning services, vessel maintenance flexibility, waste disposal services, transportation arrangements, and nearby laundry services.
- Sapphire Beach Marina is on the East End of St Thomas. It is a small marina with just 66 berths. Still, it has all the amenities of a larger facility, including a white sand beach, pool, restaurants, coffee shop, laundry, and bathroom facilities.
Crown Bay Marina offers 99 slips ranging from 25 feet to 200 feet and can accommodate up to 200 feet of mega yachts. Water, diesel, gasoline and pump-out station, metered power, satellite T.V., and Wi-Fi. Close to the airport, laundry services, restaurants, and pubs.
Anchorages on a St Thomas Luxury Yacht Charter
- Lindbergh Bay
- Botany Bay
- Benner Bay
- Nazareth Bay
- Cowpet Bay
- Christmas Cove (Great St. James Island, off the east end of St. Thomas)
- Red Hook Bay
- Hans Lollik Islands
- Magen’s Bay – one of the best beaches in the U.S. Virgin Islands
- Hull Bay
U.S. Virgin Islands General Information has more details.
Please call us today at 1 (321) 777-1707 or describe Your Vacation Vision to help you plan your fully-crewed private luxury yachting vacation! Inquire as soon as possible about your custom, crewed yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.