The Windward Islands are stunning, with high mountains, lush green vegetation, waterfalls, and beautiful beaches surrounded by shimmering blue water. On the windward side, the Atlantic Ocean washes the shoreline, while the Caribbean Sea is calmer on the leeward side. As a result, the more excellent beaches are on the leeward side of many of the islands.
The French island of Martinique is north of St. Lucia, followed by St. Vincent and the Grenadines, then Grenada. Each island has its charm. Since the windward islands are near to one another, in one week of sailing, you will experience many different cultures.
To sail the windward islands is to experience the Caribbean. Enjoy a roti on the beach in Bequia under the sea grape trees. Drink a local Carib beer. Watch fishermen in colorful fishing boats bring freshly caught fish and lobster, which they will cook on the beach for you.
Charming Martinique | Yacht Charter Paradise
Discover Luxury | Grenadines Yacht Charters
St Lucia | Discover Mountains and Beaches
List of Windward Islands
- Dominica offers natural experiences. Rivers, Carib settlements, excellent scuba diving, and fishing.
- Martinique, part of the French West Indies, is a piece of France. Here you'll find excellent rums, bakeries, and small supermarkets.
- St. Lucia has stunning Pitons, waterfalls, and a Creole ambiance.
- St. Vincent and the Grenadines vary in scenery from lush, green St. Vincent to dry Grenadines. Beautiful white-sand beaches on Bequia, Mustique, Canouan, Mayreau, Palm Island, and Union Island exist.
- The windward islands of Grenada, Carriacou, and Petit Martinique form the country of Grenada. You'll find excellent beaches, waterfalls, river rafting, and Grand Etang Lake. Grenada is world-renowned as Spice Island.
Things to See and Do
- Windsurfing on St. Lucia.
- Hike the mountains in St. Lucia and Grenada.
- Scuba diving.
- Rafting in Grenada.
- Kayak tours.
- Kiteboarding at Union Island in the Grenadines.
- Spice Shopping on the Spice Island of Grenada.
- Chocolate tasting and making in Grenada.
- Rum Factory tours.
- Bird Watching.
- Hashing on Grenada.
Please call us today at 1 (321) 777-1707 or describe Your Vacation Vision to help you plan your fully-crewed private luxury yachting vacation! Inquire as soon as possible about your custom, crewed yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.