Losinj has a mild Mediterranean climate, natural beauty, sunny days, and fresh sea air. As a result, the local tourist board has dubbed it “The Island of Vitality.” It’s located in Kvarner Bay and is joined to the neighboring island of Cres by a swing bridge. Closeby is Opatija, Rab Island, and Senj.
Places to see
- Losinj has several settlements, including Nerezine, Sveti Jakov, Ćunski, Artatore, Mali Lošinj, and Veli Lošinj. Each town has something different to offer, so depending on your itinerary, plan to visit as many as possible.
- In the 19th century, the main settlement, Mali Losinj, was a wealthy trading port and shipbuilding center. Tourism started here in the late 19th century. The neighboring smaller town of Veli Losinj lies a pleasant 30-minute away.
Things to do
- Explore the main town. Stroll around the deep sheltered harbor, filled with boats and rimmed by old villas. Then walk through pinewoods to Cikat Bay for beaches and watersports facilities.
- Visit the Museum of Apoxyomenos. Here you can see the Ancient Greek bronze statue of Apoxyomenos, which was pulled from the sea in 1996.
- See the lovely Losinj Aromatic Garden – a relaxing verdant oasis planted with aromatic herbs.
- In neighboring Veli Losinj, visit the Lošinj Marine Education Center to learn about marine life conservation in the Adriatic Sea.
- Take a boat tour with Dolphin Watching Adriatic to experience these creatures in their natural habitat.
- Indulge in a spa treatment. The Punta Vitality Hotel offers health and wellness programs.
- Dine at the highly-regarded Alfred Keller Restaurant at Boutique Hotel Alhambra. The chefs create beautifully presented modern cuisine, using local seafood and seasonal organic vegetables. Alternatively, eat fresh fish at Konoba Corrado, also in Mali Losinj.
Dining on Losinj is a pleasure for foodies. Restaurants serve variations of traditional cuisines, such as black risotto, colored with cuttlefish ink. The ink gives the dish a distinctive color and unique taste. Fish such as dorado, sole, and sea bass are widely available and always fresh.
The island has many restaurants, taverns, and cafes where you can enjoy international dishes and local island specialties.
Marinas and Anchorages
Marina Mali Losinj. One hundred sixty-five berths for boats up to 30 meters. This marina has a bar, restaurant, bathrooms, grocery store, and fuel.
Krivica Bay. Rimmed by pinewoods, this beautiful bay is well protected from the wind and swell. Docking and moorings are available, and there’s a beach and snack bar.
Please call us today at 1 (321) 777-1707 or describe Your Vacation Vision to help you plan your fully-crewed private luxury yachting vacation! Inquire as soon as possible about your custom, crewed yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.