The Kvarner region’s exceptional beauty is one of the things that makes it a perfect Croatian Luxury Yacht Charter destination. In fact, it is so exceptional that in the 19th-century European aristocracy chose it for their holidays. In this century, visitors still enjoy the lush vegetation, fragrant pine forests, sandy beaches, and clear waters of the Kvarner area.
Kvarner: Places to See
- Cres. It is one of the northern islands in the Kvarner Gulf.
- Senj. A town on the upper Adriatic coast in the foothills of the Mala Kapela and Velebit mountains.
- Rab. An island in Croatia located just off the northern Croatian coast in the Adriatic Sea.
- Krk Island. The largest island in the northern Adriatic Sea, located near Rijeka in the Bay of Kvarner and part of Primorje-Gorski Kotar county.
- Losinj. Lošinj island is almost due south of the city of Rijeka and part of the Primorje-Gorski Kotar County.
- Rijeka. The principal seaport and the third-largest city in Croatia (after Zagreb and Split).
- Mali Losinj. The largest town on the island of Lošinj.
Kvarner: Things to Do
- Visit a museum. The History of Rab Cake Museum not only shows you the history of this local treat but also gives you the opportunity to make it.
- Beaches. There are many stunning beaches in the Kvarner area, however, the most popular beach is Paradise beach on Rab island.
- Shop. Try specialty shops such as Ultramarin Art in Veli Losinj which offers decorative objects made of driftwood. Or, if you're in Cres, stop by Macmalic Olive Oil, Wine, and Delicacies. They have local honey, olive oils, wines, and sweets.
The coastal Kvarner cuisine and the islands are based on fish, seafood, fruit and vegetables, olive oil, and wine. In addition to these common elements, there is a whole range of individual regional specialties. Each island and each village have their own distinct food preparation styles. While you'll find that the local food is delicious, many restaurants will accommodate special dietary needs.
Marinas and Anchorages
ACI Marina Opatija. This marina offers 302 berths. Amenities include various shops, restaurants, and a coffee bar. Also, there's electricity, water, laundry, bank and exchange office, and a reception area.
Marina Mali Lošinj. Offers 150 berths. Amenities include restrooms and showers, a restaurant, coffee bar, hotel, boat service, electricity, water, bank and exchange office, and reception area.
Marina Punat. This marina is located in a well-protected bay of Puntarska Draga, on the southwest coast of the island Krk. It offers 830 berths, electricity, and water. As well as fuel, bank and exchange office, and a reception area. In addition, there's a fitness area, sailing and diving schools, a hotel, shops, restaurants, and bars.