Steeped in American history, Cape Cod, Massachusetts, is a sandy, hook-shaped peninsula extending into the Atlantic Ocean. And, because it has miles of beaches, it’s a popular summertime destination. The area boasts fabulous beaches, quaint villages, seafood restaurants, lighthouses, and exciting places to explore.
And Cape Cod is a destination that the whole family will enjoy while on a New England Boat Charter.
Summers are warm, humid, and windy. The winters are very cold, wet, and extremely windy. It is partly cloudy year-round. Over the year, the temperature varies from 24°F to 78°F and is rarely below 10°F or above 85°F. It rarely gets scorching. Because of the beautiful weather, summer is the perfect time to visit.
Places to see
- In Provincetown, climb to the top of the Pilgrim Monument for a view out to sea. Or, for a relaxing day trip, take a guided tour of Provincetown.
- In Hyannis Port, visit the John F. Kennedy Hyannis Museum.
- In Eastham, dine at Local Break Restaurant. Taste local draft beer, homemade sangria, and seriously fantastic food.
- Hike Nauset Marsh Trail, The Lady Slipper Trail, Red Maple Swamp Trail, or Fort Hill Trail.
- Watch wildlife at the Cape Cod National Seashore. You will see beautiful seaside landscapes, wooded areas, and ponds.
- Step back in time when you visit Nantucket Island. Stroll downtown and see some of the country’s finest 18th and early 19th-century architecture.
- Spend the day at Martha’s Vineyard exploring the historical and modern areas of the island.
Things to do
- Revisit history at places such as the Pilgrim Monument in Provincetown, Nauset Lighthouse in Eastham, and the John F. Kennedy Memorial in Hyannis.
- Take a baby goat yoga class at Baby Goat Yoga of Cape Cod in Barnstable.
- Visit the Cape Cod Winery in Foulmouth. Here you can taste locally-produced wines such as chardonnay, riesling, and even mermaid water!
- Learn about cranberries and their importance to Cape Cod at Cape Cod Cranberry Bog Tours.
- Golf. In addition to private courses, there are 27 public, daily-fee golf courses on Cape Cod.
- Taste the flavors of Cape Cod at a food festival. Events are held in the Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter and highlight New England favorites at Chowder Fest, Oyster Fest, Octoberfest, and more.
Marinas | Cape Cod
Hyannis Marina is a well-protected natural deep-water harbor with a resort marina that accommodates day sailors to deep draft megayachts. In addition to gas, the marina also has laundry, restrooms, showers, a playground, and restaurants. This marina is near Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard.
Provincetown Marina offers 100 slips accommodating vessels up to 300 feet and 85 moorings with launch service. Not only does the marina have 725 feet of a concrete breakwater, but it also has electrical services up to 480 volt 3 phase, fuel dock, pump-out services, security, outdoor captain’s lounge, showers, bathrooms, laundry, and free Wi-Fi.
Oyster River Boatyard West Chatham has composite plastic docks, docking assistance, dockside fresh water and electricity, and fuel. The marina also has restrooms, a marine store, picnic tables, a beach area, vending machine drinks, ice, and direct access to Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard.
Please call us today at 1 (321) 777-1707 or describe Your Vacation Vision to help you plan your fully-crewed private luxury yachting vacation! Inquire as soon as possible about your custom, crewed yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.