Cruising south in the Exuma Blues from the northern Exuma islands and Cay, you arrive at Compass Cay, one of the top attractions in the central Exuma islands. Here you can swim with the sharks, rent a villa, and dock at the marina for the day or night.
Mr. Tucker Rolle welcomes everyone with a smile. There is a casual, relaxed atmosphere, and the focal point is the area around the sharks.
During the winter, the weather in central Exumas is warmer than in Nassau. Summers have hot days and comfortable nights. The water is warm year-round.
Compass Cay has perfect weather, with an average high of 77-86 degrees Fahrenheit. February is the coolest month, while July and August are the hottest. The most rain falls in October.
Compass Cay | Places to See and Things to Do
Compass Cay is a true paradise on Earth, nestled in the idyllic Exuma chain of islands in the Bahamas. With its pristine turquoise waters, powdery white sand beaches, and abundant marine life, this small, secluded island offers an escape from the ordinary and a gateway to pure bliss.
Places to See and Things to Do
- Snorkel in the Vibrant Reefs: Explore the underwater world and discover the colorful coral reefs teeming with tropical fish, vibrant marine life, and stunning coral formations.
- Dive into Adventure: Take your underwater exploration to the next level with scuba diving. Dive sites around Compass Cay offer incredible visibility, thrilling wall dives, and the opportunity to encounter larger marine creatures.
- Swim with Nurse Sharks: Experience an unforgettable encounter with gentle nurse sharks at Compass Cay Marina. These docile creatures are accustomed to human interaction, allowing you to swim, snorkel, or feed them safely.
- Relax on the Beaches: Unwind on Compass Cay’s soft, powdery white sand beaches. Find a secluded spot, bask in the sun, and listen to the soothing sound of the waves.
- Visit Rachel’s Bubble Bath: Venture to the island’s western shore and witness the unique natural phenomenon known as Rachel’s Bubble Bath. Wade into the invigorating tidal pool and enjoy a natural jacuzzi experience as waves crash over the rocks.
- Kayak or Paddleboard: Explore the calm, azure waters surrounding Compass Cay. Glide across the surface, marvel at the panoramic views, and perhaps even encounter some friendly marine creatures.
- Go Fishing: Join a fishing excursion and try your luck in the abundant waters surrounding Compass Cay. Whether deep-sea fishing or bonefishing in the flats, the area offers a paradise for anglers of all levels.
- Take a Hike: Lace up your hiking boots and explore the trails that wind through the island’s lush vegetation.
- Indulge in Local Cuisine: Savor the flavors of the Bahamas by sampling delicious seafood dishes, including freshly caught fish, conch salad, and savory Bahamian-style lobster.
Marina | Compass Cay
Compass Cay Marina. Here you can swim with the sharks. The marina is in a protected bay, accommodating 180 feet of mega yachts.
- Thirty, fifty, and 100-amp electricity
- Reverse Osmosis water
- Laundry and shower facilities.
- The Marina store has ice, beer, soda, bottled water, limited food items, and clothing.
- Fuel is available at Staniel Cay, approximately five miles away.
Please call us today at 1 (321) 777-1707 or describe Your Vacation Vision to help you plan your fully-crewed private luxury yachting vacation! Inquire as soon as possible about your custom, crewed yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.