Bodrum Yacht Charters
Breathtaking scenery awaits you in the lesser-known Eastern Mediterranean. Bodrum is located on Turkey’s southwest coast, which offers stunning views of Greece and an ever-changing color palette all year round. Visitors have found Bodrum yacht charters are one of the best ways to explore this slice of the Turkish Riviera. Luxurious motor yachts, wood, and traditional motor-sailors are typically found in Turkey.
The city of Bodrum features many exciting sites like ancient ruins and dozens of lovely beaches with white sand. It also has many shops and food establishments where you can pick up authentic gifts and keepsakes—experience Bodrum’s local culture, which is rich with history and welcoming locals. Bodrum, unlike many other yacht charter destinations, it’s truly a unique place to be seen. Moreover, from Bodrum, you can also visit Marmaris, and Gocek, two beautiful locations for yacht chartering. These are all part of a Turkish Riviera Yacht Vacation.
Things to See while on a Bodrum Yacht Charter in Turkey
- Explore some of Turkey’s World Heritage Sites. Spend time traversing the ancient city site of Halicarnassus.
- While in Halicarnassus, be sure to see the Mausoleum of Halicarnassus, considered one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
- Visit Bodrum Castle, built by order of St. John of Jerusalem at the beginning of the 15th century A.D.
- Explore what’s been found below at the Bodrum Museum of Underwater Archeology. See shipwrecks, amphorae, and many more treasures from centuries past.
- Don’t miss the Zeki Müren Arts Museum for a glimpse into the iconic Turkish singer, known as Turkey’s Liberace, glamorous life.
- Sail to visit the Rock Tombs of the Kings of Kaunos, carved into the cliffs.
What to Do on our Bodrum Yacht Charters
- Head to one of the city’s 67 beaches for a dip or to take in Turkey’s scenery at the junction of the Mediterranean and Aegean Seas.
- Fener Beach is the perfect spot for those who love to kite or windsurf. Its position opposite the island of Kos makes it windier and suitable for wind sports.
- One of the best diving sites in Bodrum is Gümbet Beach. This area is also popular with people looking to scuba dive, windsurf, waterski, jet ski, and even parasail.
- Are you looking for a taste of Turkey’s natural bounty? Go wine or olive oil tasting at a local winery, cellar, or olive grove.
- Visit the islands of Kos or Rhodes in Greece’s nearby Dodecanese Islands.
The Climate in Bodrum for Yachting
The summers in Bodrum are typically hot, humid, and straightforward. Over the year, the temperature typically ranges from 48°F to 89°F and rarely drops below 39°F or rises above 95°F. Overall, the best time of year to visit Bodrum for yacht charter activities is from early June to late September.
Despite the Summer being the most popular, May and October also provide good shoulder season availability and weather conditions for yacht charters from Bodrum. Don’t hesitate to inquire about availability in these months.
Gastronomic Highlights | Bodrum
Turkish cuisine is primarily influenced by its location between Europe and Asia. The meal often starts with mezze or small dishes served before the main course to stimulate the appetite. Mezze can include hummus, stuffed grape leaves, or dough pockets filled with meat or cheese.
For main dishes, there are also many vegetable dishes, as well as traditional meat kebabs of lamb, chicken, or beef. Enjoy Bodrum while in town, but don’t worry; the private chefs aboard Bodrum yacht charters will prepare delicious meals catered to your tastes.
Featured Yachts for Bodrum Yacht Charters
Turkey offers motor boats and a variety of unique wooden Turkish gulets, also known as motorsailers. These large boats can accommodate more guests than most yachts, so please inquire if you have a large group of more than 12. Please browse some of the boats available for our Bodrum yacht charters.
Please contact us at 1 (321) 777-1707 or complete our contact form to start planning your yacht charter vacation! It's never too early, or too late to inquire about your bespoke private yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.