The holiday season is fast approaching. Even though it’s not Halloween, stores are putting Christmas items on the shelves. Now is a great time to make your holiday plans, and a holiday yacht charter may be just the unique adventure you deserve. Below, we’ve outlined 5 tips for renting a boat for the holidays.
Picture this: a gentle breeze ruffles your hair as you sip champagne on the deck of your crewed yacht, the sun painting the turquoise water. It is your perfect day on the water, every detail tailored to your whim, all because you chose the right type of boat for your bespoke boating vacation.
Our yacht charter experts will help you with every aspect of your vacation. Now, let’s take a look at 5 tips for renting a boat for the holidays.
1. Get to Know the Top Destinations for Renting a Boat for Holidays
Some of the top holiday destinations to rent a boat are the following:
The Caribbean celebrates Christmas with a lot of partying and festivity. Each island is unique, but their shared history weaves them together. Christmas is a vibrant blend of African beats and European carols.
The Bahamas celebrate Junkanoo, a carnival featuring bands dressed in colorful costumes, singing and dancing.
Like most British or former British Territories, the Christmas celebrations begin with festive decorations and parties from mid-December or earlier. Families prepare traditional foods and drinks such as Guava berry drinks, made from guava berry fruit, and black cake, similar to a fruit cake.
During the Crucian Christmas Festival, discover the rich heritage and culture of St. Croix. Locals celebrate the festival, which dates back to 1954, between December and January.
Soak up sunshine, sip mulled wine at candlelit markets, and dance under starry skies in Spain’s Balearic Islands.
New England Renting a Boat for the Holidays in Summer
Rent a yacht and experience the New England destinations of Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard, Block Island, Newport, and Maine during the summer holidays. Especially over July 4th or Charter a Yacht in the fall or Labor Day.
2. Be Specific When Renting a Boat for the Holidays
Before you embark on your journey, you will fill out a Preference Sheet for everyone in your group. You’ll want to be as specific as possible. Include things like food likes and dislikes, what type of activities you want to do while on board, and any other special requests you might have.
3. Unplug as Soon as You Step Aboard
Let’s face it; we’re all overly connected these days. Whether you’re a student, executive, or parent, we always look at a screen. Disconnecting allows you to:
- be fully present at the moment and enjoy your surroundings and loved ones.
- disconnect from work and relax.
- connect with others without distractions.
- improve your mental health.
- boost your creativity.
- increase your productivity when you return to work.
Of course, most charter yachts have Bluetooth entertainment systems for music and movies if you must get in touch with the world. The communication equipment is up to date, including radar, satellite phones, cell phones, and radios.
4. Play in and on the Water
One of the best parts about renting a boat for the holidays is using all the fantastic water toys that come with it. Water skiing, wakeboarding, and tubing are all great ways to get out and enjoy the water. If you’re looking for a more relaxing activity, try paddle boarding or kayaking.
Your crew is well trained in safety will ensure you have proper equipment such as life jackets.
5. Discover Something New When Renting a Boat for the Holidays
Your boating trip is a great time to mix things up and try something new.
- Try a new twist on a holiday favorite. Instead of the usual turkey and stuffing for your Christmas Day feast, your private chef might create a twist on traditional favorites.
- Build a snowman out of the sand.
- Switch up your workout routine. Standup paddleboarding, swimming or taking a long walk on the beach sure beat a boring run on a treadmill.
- Learn a new language. Maybe there isn’t enough time to become fluent. However, you can learn key phrases and practice them while in town.
Allow CKIM Group to be your boat rental company. Your experienced broker books your boat and takes care of all of your travel arrangements.
Please call us today at 1 (321) 777-1707 or describe Your Vacation Vision to help you plan your fully-crewed private luxury yachting vacation! Inquire as soon as possible about your custom, crewed yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.