The Leeward Islands, also known as the northern islands of the Lesser Antilles, are from the Virgin Islands to Guadeloupe. However, for this listing, we are excluding the US and British Virgin Islands, which are under their own sections.
Antigua Yacht Charters | Sail and Motor Yachts
St Kitts and Nevis
St Martin Yacht Charters
The Leeward Islands
- Anguilla, not only for its laid-back vibe and beaches but also fine dining, caving, hiking, and snorkeling at Shoal Bay East.
- Antigua and Barbuda for its 365 beaches, music, historic sites, Nelson's Dockyard National Park, Shirley Heights, safaris, fishing, scuba diving, and more. Birding is excellent on Barbuda.
- St. Martin and St. Maarten for fine dining, au natural beach, and French and Dutch areas on one island. Duty-free shopping on the Dutch side and a variety of sightseeing island-wide.
- St. Barths (Saint Barthelemy) for fine dining, gourmet shops, luxury villas, hotels, and a challenging airport.
- St. Kitts and Nevis for historic sights including Brimstone Hill, the sugar plantations that are now inns, plantation safari tours, hikes, scuba diving, and more.
- Guadeloupe part of the French West Indies for majestic green hills and world-class rum distilleries.
- Dominica for the lush rainforest, hiking, and waterfalls.
- Saba for diving, hiking, and ecotourism.
- St. Eustatius for diving, hiking, and the historic city of Oranjestad.
Each island has its own culture, ambiance, and terrain. These islands truly depict the authentic Caribbean with British overtones, French, and Dutch cultures mixed with West Indian charm.
During a two-week charter, it is possible to visit most of these Leeward islands. However, this would not be sufficient time for a real experience.