Chartering in Croatia | What You Need to Know Now
Are you planning on chartering a yacht in Croatia? Read on for information about renting a luxury yacht in Croatia, including what to expect, what yacht type is best for you, places to visit, and top marinas.
What to Expect | Chartering in Croatia
With numerous new beach clubs and restaurants opening, Croatia has recently seen an increase in yachting popularity. The Instagram-worthy coastline beckons boaters with its beautiful harbors, beaches, and towns. The Mediterranean Sea offers pristine views, clear waters, and adventure. A Croatia yacht charter is ideal for a honeymoon, a friend’s getaway, or a family vacation.
When chartering a yacht in Croatia, you can expect to find modern boats with sleek lines and luxury amenities. Many yachts, including Lagoon Catamarans, offer plenty of space and comfort.
You’ll also have access to all the latest technology, modern navigational systems, and safety features.
Your custom itinerary will take you to some of the most beautiful places in the world while aboard your yacht. From majestic Dubrovnik to picturesque Hvar, Split, and Trogir, you’ll find plenty of options for breathtaking views and exploring exciting ports.
When Is the Best Time to Go?
The best time to visit Croatia is late spring and early fall. The temperatures are comfortable, and there are fewer crowds.
How to Choose the Perfect Yacht
When choosing the perfect yacht for your Croatia holiday, there are a few factors to consider. Firstly, you should consider the size of your group and the dynamic between the members. Different types of yachts will be more suitable for specific group sizes, so it’s essential to consider this when deciding. It would be best if you also thought about the interests of everyone in your group. Different yachts can provide different experiences depending on what activities you want to do.
For instance, a sailing yacht would be ideal for small groups exploring the coastline and islands. On the other hand, if you have a larger group looking for luxury and speed, you may want to go for a motor yacht with plenty of amenities. Scuba divers may want a boat that has onboard diving capabilities.
Even if it is your first time chartering a yacht, we will help you choose the yacht that best suits your needs and budget so that you can enjoy an unforgettable Croatia holiday!
Chartering in Croatia | Yacht Types
When chartering a yacht in Croatia, you can choose from many different types and sizes of vessels. Below are some of Croatia’s most popular types of yachts available for charter.
- Catamarans: Lagoon Catamarans are some of the most popular yachts in Croatia. They offer plenty of space and luxurious amenities like air-conditioning, outdoor seating and sunbathing areas, large cabins, and much more. Lagoon catamarans are suitable for larger groups, accommodating up to 12 people. Sunreef yachts are also famous.
ADRIATIC DRAGON (Lagoon 77)
|8 Guests||Year/Rebuilt: 2019|
|€50,200 - €84,900 /wk||76.00 Ft Cat|
- Sailing Yachts: Sailing yachts such as BARACUDA VALETTA are perfect for those who want to explore Croatia’s beautiful coastlines in comfort and style. With sails instead of motors, these yachts provide a quieter and more relaxing experience. Most sailing yachts come with a captain and crew, so you can enjoy your holiday without worrying about navigating the waters.
|10 Guests||Year/Rebuilt: 2009|
|€185,000 - €210,000 /wk||164.00 Ft Sail|
- Motor Yachts: Motor yachts are an excellent option for those who want to get around quickly and in style. These yachts have powerful engines that can quickly get you where you want to go. Take a look at DINAIA.
- Gulets: Gulets, such as DALMATINO, are traditional wooden motorboats perfect for a more intimate experience on the water. These yachts typically have an open deck layout and comfortable cabins, making them ideal for small groups or couples.
Chartering in Croatia | Best Places to Visit by Yacht
- Dubrovnik: This stunning city is often called the ‘Pearl of the Adriatic’ for a good reason! Located on the southernmost tip of Croatia, this ancient walled city offers breathtaking views from the water. From the 16th-century walls surrounding the old city to the terracotta rooftops, there’s plenty to explore here by yacht. Don’t miss a visit to Lokrum Island, where you can swim in crystal-clear waters, before heading to the nearby Elafiti Islands.
- Hvar: Hvar is one of Croatia’s most popular destinations for yacht charters, thanks to its idyllic island charm and luxury waterfront villas. A unique combination of Venetian and Renaissance architecture, with cobbled streets and majestic churches, make this an ideal destination for those looking to soak up some of Croatia’s culture. Don’t miss a visit to Stari Grad or a boat tour of the Pakleni Islands.
- Split: The second largest city in Croatia is situated along the stunning Adriatic coastline and is renowned for its impressive UNESCO World Heritage Site, Diocletian’s Palace. Boasting a vibrant nightlife and cultural hotspots, Split is one of the best places to visit by yacht in Croatia. Here, you can explore lush green islands like Solta, Brac, and Hvar or sail to nearby Trogir to taste its medieval charm.
- Trogir: This ancient walled town is a short sail away from Split, making it an ideal destination for those looking to combine two unique destinations in one trip. Experience its 12th-century architecture and marvel at the incredible views from its bell tower.
Chartering in Croatia | Best Marinas in Croatia
Because the Croatian Adriatic is full of natural, historical, and cultural beauty, choosing the best marina is difficult. However, we’ve listed a few that stand out among the crowd.
ACI Marina Dubrovnik
Located in the beautiful city of Dubrovnik, ACI Marina Dubrovnik is one of the most popular marinas in Croatia. It can accommodate up to 750 boats and offers many services and amenities, such as a 24-hour reception, Wi-Fi access, fuel station, restaurants, showers, and laundry facilities. It is also within walking distance of the city’s main attractions.
ACI Marina Split
In the center of Split, ACI Marina Split puts you in the middle of the action. It has berths for more than 450 boats, with all the amenities available, including a fuel station, laundry services, Wi-Fi access, restaurants, and shops. It is also close to some of Split’s best sights, making exploring the city on foot easy.
Situated on the south coast of Istria, Pula Marina is one of the most picturesque marinas in Croatia. It offers berths for up to 400 boats and has all the necessary amenities, including a fuel station, laundry service, restaurant, and Wi-Fi access. The marina is close to many of the region’s top attractions, including the Roman theater and the ancient Temple of Augustus.
Zlatna Luka Marina
Located in the stunning town of Trogir, Zlatna Luka Marina is one of the best marinas in Croatia. It can accommodate up to 500 boats and offers many services and amenities, including a 24-hour reception desk, fuel station, laundry service, and Wi-Fi access. It is also within walking distance of some of Trogir’s best attractions.
ACI Marina Umag
Found on the north coast of Istria, ACI Marina Umag is an excellent option. It can accommodate up to 300 boats and offers all the necessary amenities and services, such as Wi-Fi access, a fuel station, laundry service, shops, and restaurants. The marina is also close to some of Umag’s main attractions.
Please call us today at 1 (321) 777-1707 or describe Your Vacation Vision to help you plan your fully-crewed private luxury yachting vacation! Inquire as soon as possible about your custom, crewed yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.