A Guide to Yacht Chartering in Italy
Italy is one of the world’s most popular vacation destinations. Here’s a guide to yacht chartering in Italy and why it is popular. The country has stunning coastal cities, enchanting islands, and delicious cuisine. Moreover, there’s no shortage of reasons to visit this beautiful country.
Overflowing with romantic and historical sites, it is an incredible honeymoon destination. From the Italian Riviera to the Aeolian Islands, you can discover the best of Italy on an Italy yacht charter. You can choose between many diverse itineraries with unique charm and character.
You can customize your trip to include beautiful places in Italy, like Naples, Taormina, and Ischia. A yacht rental in Italy will leave lasting memories of your time in this incredible country.
What kind of yacht can you charter?
There are several options for chartering an Italian yacht: motor yachts, catamarans, power catamarans, and sailboats. Crewed yacht charters are the best way to see the Italian coast and islands compared to a bareboat charter in Italy. Or you can do a skippered yacht charter.
Motor yachts provide a classic nautical experience with various features on board. These yachts are a great way to explore Italy’s coasts and islands, providing a luxurious and speedy journey. With plenty of space, they have more amenities, such as jacuzzis, gyms, saunas, and theater rooms. Motor yachts can also carry larger water toys, such as jet skis, and bigger tenders for watersports.
Italy superyachts and megayachts, typically 80′ long or more, also can come with helicopter landing strips, basketball courts, and other equipment. This can include ATVs or small underwater vessels.
- Italy Motor Yacht Charter LULU
- Superyacht VICTORIA DEL MAR
- Luxury Yacht Charter Italy GIORGIA
- Sanlorenzo’s Ocean Dreamwalker III
- Italian Coast Yacht Charter ESTIA
A cruise aboard a Catamaran is an adventure-filled and thrilling experience, with boats ranging from 50 to 85 feet. Their spacious layouts, upgraded amenities, and selection of water toys make them a perfect option for families. Moreover, they usually come with flybridges, allowing guests amazing views while enjoying extra outdoor space and dining options. A catamaran charter in Italy is an incredible way to get to know the less-known parts of this beautiful country.
- Mediterranean Catamaran Charter OCEANVIEW
- Amalfi Coast On Luxury Yacht Ombre Blu 3
- Luxury Catamaran Charter KASKAZI FOUR
Power Catamarans are fast and stable, perfect for exploring the open seas. They are agile, with twin engines allowing them to speed through the water easily. This makes them great for exploring new areas or reaching far destinations quickly and efficiently.
They also provide plenty of space for relaxing, sunbathing, and entertaining. Additionally, they have plenty of deck space for fun activities such as water sports.
Power catamarans are also generally more fuel efficient than motor yachts, saving you on fuel costs when chartering in Italy.
Sailboats | A Guide to Yacht Chartering in Italy
For a truly unique sailing experience, consider a traditional sailing yacht charter in Italy. Available in wooden and modern steel or fiberglass models, these vessels range in size from 50 to 150 feet. Perfect for sailing enthusiasts and those just starting, they also offer an eco-friendly way to explore Italy.
Places to Visit on a Luxury Yacht Charter in Italy
- The Amalfi Coast is one of Italy’s most popular chartering destinations. Picturesque villages, historical landmarks, and blue waters line this stunning stretch of coastline. An Italy Yacht Charter in southern Italy offers unparalleled views of the dramatic cliffs and vibrant cities.
- Sicily is an ideal destination for yacht chartering. This unique Italian island is famous for its varied landscape and diverse culture. Visitors can explore picturesque fishing and charming beach towns on the eastern shore or the Aeolian Islands. Mount Etna is on the east coast of Sicily.
- Sardinia is a dreamy Mediterranean paradise. Yacht chartering in this part of Italy offers a chance to experience the island’s rugged mountains, secluded beaches, and rustic villages. The area is perfect for sailing, swimming, diving, and exploring hidden coves.
- The Cinque Terre consists of five villages perched along the rugged coastline of northern Italy. Explore the beautiful villages, take in stunning views, and enjoy some of the best food and wine in the world.
- Ischia and Procida are not far from Naples or the Amalfi Coast. Ischia boasts thermal baths, vineyards, gardens, beautiful beaches, and cliffside castles. On Procida, the smaller of the two islands, you can visit quaint fishing villages and ancient churches.
Things to Do and See During an Italy Yacht Charter
If you’re chartering a yacht in Italy, there are plenty of historical sites to explore at sea. Chartering a yacht in Italy will allow you to see many sites on the coast and land. We recommend spending a few days before or after your charter exploring some of Italy’s iconic attractions. For more on how to visit Italy, visit our ultimate Italy travel guide.
Visit Historic Sites
- Pompeii – Located on the Bay of Naples. A volcanic eruption in 79 AD destroyed the city. Nowadays, it’s a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of Italy’s most popular tourist attractions.
- The Isle of Capri is a small island off Naples’s coast. It is famous for the turquoise waters of the Tyrrhenian Sea and its rugged beauty. Moreover, it is home to fascinating historical sites like Villa Jovis.
- The Colosseum – One of the most iconic structures in Rome, the Colosseum is an architectural marvel. Today, it is a reminder of Ancient Rome’s incredible history and power.
- The Roman Forum – The Roman Forum was once a bustling center of business, religion, and entertainment. Today, it is an archaeological site with stunning ruins and ancient artifacts. It’s a must-visit destination for any traveler.
- When exploring Sicily’s coastline, visit the archaeological site of Segesta and admire the Greek temple there. Don’t miss the chance to explore the charming baroque town of Ragusa.
Indulge in Italy’s Food and Wine
Italy is renowned for its delicious cuisine. A luxury yacht charter in Italy offers the perfect opportunity to sample some of its finest local flavors. For more, see our page on Italy’s best restaurants and food.
Amalfi Coast | A Guide to Yacht Chartering Italy
Journey along the Amalfi Coast and try the regional favorites of limoncello and fried seafood. Try pairing delicious pasta dishes with crisp white wines like Greco di Tufo, Falanghina, or Fiano di Avellino.
Try spaghetti allo scoglio, a delicious dish of spaghetti with clams, mussels, prawns, squid, and octopus in tomato sauce. Another classic seafood dish is parmigiana di pesce, a tasty mix of fried fish, aubergines, and mozzarella cheese.
Try classic Italian dishes such as lasagna alla Napoletana or ravioli with ricotta and spinach for more traditional tastes. You can find both extremely popular in Italy and easily in restaurants on the coast.
If you’re visiting Sicily, sample the island’s delicious seafood. Also, sample the wine from indigenous grape varieties such as Carricante, Nero d’Avola, and Nerello Mascalese.
Try the famous street food arancini, stuffed rice balls, and a cannoli for dessert. Ask us about charters in Sicily. And visit this destination that is thousands of years old and influenced by many cultures.
If you’re cruising around Sardinia, try the region’s famous dishes. Two delicious ones are Pane Carasau, a type of crispy flatbread, and Bottarga, a cured fish roe. Sardinia also produces fantastic white wines, including Vermentino di Gallura and Moscato di Noto.
Moreover, you can experience the famous Porto Cervo scene with its mega yachts, fine Italian Cuisine, and nightlife. You can enjoy a Sardinia Yacht Charter on a motor yacht or sailing catamaran.
In the beautiful region of Cinque Terre on Italy’s northwestern coast, olive oil, seafood, and white wines dominate the gastronomic scene. Popular white wines from this region include Vermentino, Pigato, and Bianco di Custoza, while local favorites include pesto, focaccia, and mussels. So be sure to sample these delicious flavors during your luxury yacht charter in Italy – you won’t regret it!
When to Charter a Yacht in Italy?
An ideal time to enjoy a yacht charter in Italy is during the balmy months from May to October. At that time, temperatures hover around 60 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit. This period makes for the perfect conditions for island hopping and taking in all the Italian sights.
July and August Greece Yacht Charters are the busiest months of the charter season. It is also the hottest time of the year.
Summer Season | A Guide to Yacht Chartering in Italy
From June to September, Italy is a hub of yachting activity. You’ll find an array of exciting cultural and culinary experiences and enjoyable activities for all ages. You’ll find local festivals and events in July and August, such as Rome Summer Fest and Umbria’s Jazz Fest. You can also find Italy yacht party options during the summer, along with Croatia and Greece.
The Mediterranean is delightful during April, May, and October. During this time, temperatures remain comfortable for sunbathing and touring local towns. Moreover, this period often has calmer seas and special deals for yacht rentals in Italy.
There are many festivals and events to enjoy during the fall and spring. For more information, head to our Italy nightlife and bars page.
Browse Some Italy Charter Yachts
A Guide to Yacht Chartering in Italy
We will help customize your yacht trip to Italy to suit your group’s budget, vacation style, and destination preferences. Contact us to learn more about your next Italy yacht charter. So why not indulge in an Italy yacht rental?
Please call us today at 1 (321) 777-1707 or describe Your Vacation Vision to help you plan your fully-crewed private luxury yachting vacation! Inquire as soon as possible about your custom, crewed yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.