So, you’re headed to the Bahamas! When you charter a private yacht, you have plenty of options regarding where and what to do when you get there. Since the Bahamas consist of 700+ islands, this guide will help narrow your search. That way, you can enjoy the best experience possible on your visit. Read on to discover the top five Bahamas yacht-charter destinations.
1. The Exuma Islands
The Exuma Islands are a fantastic place to go to escape the ordinary. The variety of activities available is enough to keep anyone busy. However, if you want to relax in the sun, there’s plenty of that too. You get it all with Exuma —white-sand beaches, amazing snorkeling opportunities, and a laid-back attitude.
The Exuma islands have rightfully earned their reputation as one of the best yacht charter destinations in the world. In fact, they are a popular vacation spot for celebrities like Oprah Winfrey and John Travolta,
Eleuthera is perhaps one of the most beautiful locations in the Bahamas. This stunning island is a favorite destination for yachting. On Eleuthera, you can see coral reefs, conch farms, and even dolphins.
Here are a few more things to see and do while visiting Eleuthera:
- Leon Levy Native Plant Preserve: Explore the lush beauty of the Leon Levy Native Plant Preserve, a 25-acre sanctuary dedicated to preserving the island’s native flora and fauna. Take a guided tour to learn about the diverse plant species, rare birds, and butterflies that call this tropical oasis home.
- Surfer’s Beach: Head to Surfer’s Beach, located on the Atlantic side of Eleuthera, and experience world-class surfing conditions. Whether you’re an experienced surfer or a beginner, catch the waves and ride the swells while enjoying the picturesque coastline.
- Governor’s Harbour: Visit Governor’s Harbour, the charming capital of Eleuthera, where you can explore historic architecture, dine at local restaurants, and browse the vibrant Straw Market for handmade crafts and souvenirs.
3. The Berry Islands
The Berry Islands consist of approximately 30 cays and plenty of activities for everyone in your group. Head to Sand Dollar Hill Beach for the utmost seclusion. Try cliff-jumping into the blue hole at Hoffman’s Cay for more adventure. Whatever you do, don’t miss the opportunity to fish at Chub’s Cay, an abundant area known as the “fishbowl” of the Bahamas.
4. Spanish Wells
Spanish Wells is the easternmost of the Bahamian islands and is often overlooked in favor of its well-known neighbors. However, Spanish Wells has plenty to offer boaters — including miles of coral reefs, pink sand beaches, and incredibly shallow water. Plus, the location is far enough removed from busy Nassau to have the island virtually to yourself.
This is a great island to visit if you want a relaxing place to step back in time for a little while. Here are just a few things to see and do while visiting Spanish Wells:
- Queen’s Bath: Explore the natural wonder of Queen’s Bath, a captivating tide pool formed by coral reefs. Take a refreshing dip in its clear waters or bask in the beauty of the surroundings.
- Russell Island: Cross the iconic Glass Window Bridge to Russell Island and discover its unspoiled beaches and lush vegetation. Enjoy leisurely walks, birdwatching, or snorkeling along its pristine coastline.
- Fishing: Embark on an exciting fishing adventure in Spanish Wells. Try deep-sea fishing, targeting species like marlin, tuna, and mahi-mahi. It’s a thrilling experience for anglers of all levels.
- Snorkeling at Devil’s Backbone: Dive into the underwater paradise of Devil’s Backbone, a famous reef system near Spanish Wells. Snorkelers will be amazed by the vibrant coral formations and diverse marine life, including tropical fish, stingrays, and sea turtles.
- Island Exploration: Rent a golf cart or bicycle and explore Spanish Wells at your own pace. Cruise through charming streets lined with colorful Bahamian houses, browse unique shops, dine at local restaurants, and soak up the laid-back island atmosphere.
5. Nassau and Paradise Island | Top Five Bahamas Yacht-Charter Destinations
Last but not least of our Top Five Bahamas yacht-charter destinations is Nassau. This capital city is one of the most popular places in the Bahamas. Nassau/Paradise Island offers plenty of things to do. Paradise Island is just across from downtown Nassau.
If you plan to take a day trip, check out Atlantis Water Park and Aquaventure. If water parks aren’t really your thing, then there are still tons of things to do in Nassau/Paradise Island. Some other recommendations include:
- Junkanoo Beach (just outside of town) for some fun beach activities,
- Fort Fincastle where they offer guided tours every day except Mondays.
- Mangrove swamp airboat ride
Browse Our Selection of Bahamas Yachts for Charter
So there you have it: the Top Five Bahamas Yacht-Charter Destinations. Explore each destination on a private yacht charter! There are so many benefits to chartering a yacht in the Bahamas. From spacious living quarters to large entertainment areas, there’s plenty of room onboard for family or friends!
Please call us today at 1 (321) 777-1707 or describe Your Vacation Vision to help you plan your fully-crewed private luxury yachting vacation! Inquire as soon as possible about your custom, crewed yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.