Solta is the closest island to Split in Central Dalmatia. Solta is relatively undeveloped and has a rocky coastline and an interior of rough pastures, woodland, and olive groves.
As a result of its proximity to Split, sailing crews often stop here, either on their first or final night touring. In particular, the small bays near Maslinica are popular spots to drop anchors.
The climate in Solta is similar to that of Split. During May, September, and October, average temperatures fall between 68°F and 77°F. On average, the warmest months are July and August. The coldest month is January, with an average high temperature of 50°F.
Solta | Things to see and do
- Take an olive oil tour and discover the ancient groves of Olynthia Natura in Gornje Selo.
- Spend some time in Grohote, Šolta’s main village. Here, learn about beekeeping and honey making at Tvrdic Honey.
- While in Grohote, you will see the Slavić tower, once the property of De Benedetti’s, a noble family from Split, and their heirs – the family Vitturi. The tower provided a safe place from pirate raids.
- Also in Grohote you can visit Buktenica & Buktenica Gallery.
- Dine at the up-market Marinis Marchi restaurant in Maslinica or Šišmiš in nearby Šešula Bay.
- Shop for local products like olive oil and wine.
- Explore the old villages of Gornje Selo, Donje Selo, and Srednje Selo. At one time, these cities were important places on Solta.
- Visit Stomorska, a small fishermen’s village in the northeastern part of the island.
Solta is known for its honey, extra-virgin olive oil, and red wine made from indigenous island grapes. Solta has a variety of restaurants serving mainly local food.
Martinis Marchi Marina: This new marina offers 50 berths for yachts measuring up to 35 meters. Amenities include electricity, water, bathrooms and showers, video security, and Wi-Fi. In addition, there’s a cafe, restaurant, and small hotel.
Please call us today at 1 (321) 777-1707 or describe Your Vacation Vision to help you plan your fully-crewed private luxury yachting vacation! Inquire as soon as possible about your custom, crewed yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.