Naples, Italy, is an exciting and intriguing yacht charter destination. Located on the stunning Gulf of Naples, this Italian city is known for its vibrant culture and picturesque landscape. Spend your time traversing the quirky narrow streets, exploring ancient ruins, or partaking in the city’s nightlife.
Embarking on a Naples yacht charter will surely give you a unique and unforgettable experience. With various Italian yacht charter itineraries to consider, we can help you craft your ideal vacation in southern Italy.
History of Naples
Naples is one of the most ancient cities in the world, with a history that dates back to the Bronze Age. Naples was founded by the Greeks in the 8th century BC and was an essential port of call and trading hub during Ancient Rome. Over time, it has become a major cultural center known for its beautiful art, exquisite cuisine, and unbeatable views of the Mediterranean Sea and Mt. Vesuvius.
Things to see and do around Naples
- Visit the historic center and Spanish quarter, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and home to some of the most iconic buildings in Italy.
- Explore the incredible castles, Castel Nuovo and Castel dell’Ovo, both situated along the city’s coast.
- Take photos in the grandiose Piazza del Plebiscito, perhaps with a gelato in hand.
- Explore the famous cobblestone streets and admire the baroque-style palaces and churches as you wander through the narrow alleys.
- Take a ride up the cable car to the top of the wealthy Vomero neighborhood for a panoramic view of the city.
- Have lunch or dinner in the Chiaia neighborhood, located along the waterfront. The Marina is one of the most popular locations in the city, with its stunning views of the Bay of Naples and the islands of Ischia and Procida.
- Visit the Royal Palace Museum to understand the tremendous history of the city.
- Head out of town just 30 minutes to Pompeii, where you can explore the iconic ruins of a lost city.
Places To Visit Nearby Naples
The two magnificent Blue Grottoes in the northwest corner of the island are the most popular attractions on Capri. Visitors can witness incredible stalactites and stalagmites illuminated in a brilliant blue light. Capri is also known for its luxurious restaurants and bars, where visitors can enjoy delicious seafood and local wines while taking in stunning views of the Mediterranean.
Ischia & Procida
Ischia is the largest of the two islands, boasting gorgeous beaches, thermal baths, and ancient castles. Enjoy a day at the beach, or explore some of Ischia’s ancient ruins. The stunning Aragonese Castle, built in 474 BC, is a must-see for any visitor. What’s more, it can also be seen from your private yacht.
Your yacht can take you to the lesser-known islands known as the Pontine. The largest, Ponza, is a beautiful oasis in the Tyrrhenian. You can explore the quaint fishing villages and marinas or relax on the beach while enjoying the incredible views. Another great stop is Palmarola, known for her Cathedral rock formations on the northern cape.
Famous Foods To Try In Naples
- Neapolitan pizza at one of many famous spots like Pizzeria Laezza.
- Sfogliatelle, a pastry stuffed with sweet, orange-flavored ricotta.
- Spaghetti with clams (vongole).
- Fried fish from one of many seafood spots.
- Buffalo Mozzarella cheese from a local producer.
Please call us today at 1 (321) 777-1707 or describe Your Vacation Vision to help you plan your fully-crewed private luxury yachting vacation! Inquire as soon as possible about your custom, crewed yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.