Bahamas General Information
Below we’ve outlined the Bahamas General Information you might find helpful when traveling in the Bahamas on a luxury yacht charter. The Bahamas provide an outstanding luxury yacht charter experience, as the area is best explored by private yacht.
Bahamas Entry Protocol
Bahamas Facts | Bahamas General Information
- Capital: Nassau on the island of New Providence.
- Population: 300,000+
- Area: 700 islands of 5,380 square miles
- Currency: Bahamian $; US$1=Ba$1
- Language: English. Tourist center employees, however, often speak other European languages.
- Political status: Independent nation; and a member of the Commonwealth.
- Religion: Traditional Christian churches
- Electricity: 120 volts AC, 60 cycles
- Phone: the dialing code for the Bahamas is +1 242, followed by seven digits. On the island, use the seven digits alone.
- Driving: When driving in the Bahamas, keep left. Additionally, be sure to have your driver’s license and insurance card.
Business Hours in the Bahamas
- Business: In Nassau, Paradise Island, and Freeport, banks are open 9.30 am-3 pm, Monday to Thursday. On Friday, they are open 9.30 am-5 pm. Hours vary on the other islands.
- The leading banks include the Central Bank of The Bahamas, Bank of Nova Scotia, Barclays, Chase Manhattan, Citibank, and Royal Bank of Canada. Shops are open 9 am-5 pm or later. In addition, they close early on one weekday afternoon.
Bahamas Yacht Charter Cruising Areas
- The Exuma Islands and Cays
- Abacos Islands
- Harbour Island and Spanish Wells
- The Berry Islands
Nassau is the central departure city for the Exumas, and Marsh Harbour or Treasure Cay are options for the Abacos.
Public Holidays 2023 | Bahamas General Information
For an up-to-date list of the public holidays in the Bahamas, click here.
Bahamas Yachts For Charter
We customize all Bahamas yacht charter itineraries according to your preferences and the weather. Our Bahamas general information is just a brief overview of what to expect, so please contact us for more information.
Abacos Islands | Berry Islands | Exuma Islands | General Information
Please call us today at 1 (321) 777-1707 or describe Your Vacation Vision to help you plan your fully-crewed private luxury yachting vacation! Inquire as soon as possible about your custom, crewed yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.