Highbourne Cay, Bahamas, is a privately-owned island in the Exuma Cays 35 miles southeast of New Providence. It is approximately three miles long and shaped like the letter H. The highest point is over 100 feet above sea level, one of the highest elevations in the Exumas. Centuries ago, this cay was a haven for pirates, and now most boaters have it on their itinerary.
The weather in Highbourne Cay is generally warm to hot. The sun shines most days, but there’s often a breeze to cool the temperature. December through March can get chilly at night, while the rest of the year enjoys warm and mild weather.
Highbourne Cay | Things to see and do
- Go to the beach. Highbourne Cay has eight beaches that are all mostly deserted. So on any given day, you may have the entire beach to yourself.
- Snorkel. You can see stromatolites in the waters off Highbourne’s East Beach. Stromatolites are the world’s oldest-known macrofossils. Ask your experienced Captain for the best spots to snorkel, and they will show you!
- Explore. Bikes and golf carts are available at the resort, and bikes are free. However, the golf carts require a fee.
- Eat. The island’s only restaurant, Xuma, is open every day except Monday. It is one of the best restaurants in the Exumas. Reservations required.
- Enjoy an open-air workout at the Crow’s Nest.
Highbourne Cay Marina is the only marina on the cay. The marina is located within a beautiful, naturally-sheltered harbor. It features 750 feet of face dock for yachts up to 180 feet (8′ drafts) and 16 back-in slips for boats up to 75 feet. Reservations are recommended for this trendy marina.
Sailing guides consistently describe this marina as an “excellent outpost.” This is partly due to Highbourne Cay Marina’s naturally sheltered harbor and professional, friendly staff.
Standard marina amenities include fuel (large capacity diesel tanks), power, reverse-osmosis water, ice, wireless internet, and a well-stocked store. Showers and overnight laundry are available to marina guests.
Please call us today at 1 (321) 777-1707 or describe Your Vacation Vision to help you plan your fully-crewed private luxury yachting vacation! Inquire as soon as possible about your custom, crewed yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.