Ravello is known as one of the most beautiful towns in southern Italy, and it’s easy to see why. From its ancient architecture to stunning views of the Tyrrhenian and Mediterranean Seas, Ravello is a lovely place to visit. Charming piazzas greet you with historic churches, palaces, and gorgeous botanical gardens.
In addition, its location makes Ravello an excellent choice for a day excursion from your Amalfi Coast yacht charter vacation.
Where Is Ravello on the Amalfi Coast?
The small town of Ravello is perched above the Amalfi Coast in Campania, Italy. Located about 80 miles south of Naples and only 12 miles from Salerno, Ravello is a short trip up from the shore via nearby seaside towns like Amalfi, Atrani, or Positano.
Ravello’s elevation atop a hill provides visitors with breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape and coastline. From the town center, it is possible to catch glimpses of the glittering Tyrrhenian Sea below. The Amalfi Coast is home to stunning stretches of golden sand beaches and cliff-top villages, offering some of the best views in Italy.
Things To Do
- Tour the famous 13th-century Villa Rufolo and its famed outdoor theater, Turkish baths, and more. Visit the Great Tower, Hall of the Knights, Chapel, and gardens, to name a few.
- Go shopping. Peruse the town’s many boutique stores and designer shops around the square offering high-end fashion items.
- Have a scenic walk or hike. Famously, Ravello is home to lush gardens and plenty of outdoor activities. You can hike up nearby mountain trails or stroll around the city’s upper part.
- Visit the 11th-century botanical gardens of Villa Cimbrone. Here, you’ll see vibrantly colored, well-manicured gardens flanked by an incredible sea view.
- Try local foods, including spaghetti allo scolgio (with shellfish). For traditional Italian pizza, head to Antica Pizzeria da Salvatore, where wood-fired ovens serve up thin-crust pizzas topped with fresh ingredients. Of course, don’t miss the local gelato flavored with fresh fruits.
Where To Go In Ravello
- You can’t miss the town’s main square, Piazza Vescovado. It features a daily market with many local vendors selling handmade products such as ceramics, jewelry, and clothing. This is a great place to pick up souvenirs or unique gifts for friends and family back home.
- Other attractions include the ancient Abbey of St. Francis and the 11th-century San Pantaleone Church.
- Visitors can also visit the nearby towns of Amalfi and Positano for more shopping opportunities.
- Amalfi features several small boutiques and souvenir shops, while Positano offers more luxury designer stores and local artisan shops selling handmade ceramics and glassware. Additionally, both towns have plenty of traditional cafes and restaurants to refuel while shopping.
- Also, Ravello even has a small beach down below the town. The Lido di Ravello is worth visiting if time permits.
Please call us today at 1 (321) 777-1707 or describe Your Vacation Vision to help you plan your fully-crewed private luxury yachting vacation! Inquire as soon as possible about your custom, crewed yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.