Kennebunkport, Maine, is one of New England’s most popular tourist destinations. The charming seaside village isn’t just a nice place to visit; it is steeped in history and local lore. Kennebunkport is one of the oldest European-settled towns in the United States.
Settled in the 1600s, Kennebunkport was once known as a ship-building mecca. Many five-masted ships and schooners started their journey to the sea from Kennebunkport. Sea captains built lovely mansions, many of which are preserved today as historic inns.
Make Kennebunkport part of your New England Yacht Charter itinerary, and also visit Portland, Rockland, and Camden.
Kennebunkport | Climate
Average temperatures in Kennebunkport vary drastically. Considering humidity, temperatures feel cold for about half of the year and otherwise lovely, with a fair chance of precipitation for about half of the year. If you’re looking for the warmest time to visit Kennebunkport, the hottest months are July, August, and June. The warmest time of year is generally mid-July, where highs are around 83.2°F, with temperatures rarely dropping below 59.5°F at night.
Places to see
From the gorgeous beaches, scenic lighthouses, and historic landmarks to the unique shopping boutiques and restaurants, Kennebunkport is an ideal yachting destination for guests of any age.
- Goat Island Light House. In the care of the Kennebunkport Conservation Trust, the lighthouse is full of history and haunted stories.
- Cape Porpoise. A quiet fishing village of Kennebunkport. There is good kayaking around Cape Porpoise Harbor to Turbat’s Creek and into Stage Harbor.
- Gooch’s Beach. Soak up the sun and catch some waves.
- Seashore Trolley Museum. The first and largest electric railway museum in the world.
- Wedding Cake House. Known formally as the George W. Bourne House, this iconic house is one of the most photographed houses in Maine.
Things to do
- Dine. Taste the best lobster roll in southern Maine at the Clam Shack. or try other restaurants, including White Barn Inn & Restaurant, The Boathouse Restaurant, Federal Jack’s, Hurricane Restaurant, The Spirit Restaurant (a restaurant on a docked sailboat), and Mabel’s Lobster Claw.
- Bike, walk or drive along Ocean Avenue (overlooking Walker’s Point).
- Shop and explore the boutiques and galleries in Dock Square.
- Kayak along the Kennebunk River.
- Enjoy live entertainment outdoors at Vinegar Hill Music Theatre
- Lobster boat tours. Take a lobster boat ride and learn how Kennebunkport businesses work to make lobster fishing sustainable.
Kennebunkport | Marinas
Chick’s Marina. Slips for yachts up to 165 ft. The Chicks Marina staff are at your service to arrange various concierge services, including restaurant reservations and car rentals.
Dimillos Kennebunk. Slips for yachts up to 85 ft: gated facility, electricity, fresh water, Wi-Fi access, on-site restaurant Federal Jacks.
Please call us today at 1 (321) 777-1707 or describe Your Vacation Vision to help you plan your fully-crewed private luxury yachting vacation! Inquire as soon as possible about your custom, crewed yacht charter.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.